June 23, 2012

Review: Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) by Anna Banks

Summary-
Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen's not fully convinced that Emma's the one he's been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help--no matter what the risk.

Review-
 This was yet another first for me. I have never read a book about Merfolk. Yet, I loved the fresh idea right away. It is an unusually refreshing story. Filled with lovable characters who have very feisty personalities. the main character is very endearing and funny. The best part is the wonderfully, frustratingly, irresistible love story that is thrown in for good measure. The author really knows how to capture your imagination. The storyline is solid and filled with myth, mystery and beautiful wonder. WOW!, what enchanting wonderful sites you get to see. Described with such detail you feel as if you're really there. Oh My Goodness!!, what a twist at the end. One I never, ever expected. I can not wait to get my hands on the sequel! This one has firmly made it to the top 15, in my opinion. I will definitely be adding this one to my wish list for Christmas. I have to add ʺOf Poseidonʺ to my personal collection. It's just an all around outstanding book.

        Publisher-Feiwel & Friends         
Reviewer Rating: 5 STARS!!
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the author  for the donation of this book to the Read for your future book program!~





2 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't read Poseidon yet either but I've heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't surprised when the ending turned out to be predictable, but I was startled by the abruptness of the way it ended. For a moment I even thought maybe my advanced copy had missing pages. I'm sure the author was trying to build tension and make things more mysterious for the next books, (and I actually really want to know what happens next), but I think the ending for this first volume could have been more, well, complete. I did like the book as a whole, though. I usually don't care much about secondary characters, but they were all so charming and funny! I'm hoping we'll see more of Toraf (horrible name, great guy), Rayna and Rachel. And it was too bad Chloe had to die so soon! She could have made things even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)