November 12, 2011

Review: Possession (Possession #1) by Elana Johnson

Summary-
Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.
This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

Review-
I have just recently gotten into Dystopia books. I must say I love Possession! It is awesome! I was hooked from beginning to end! The end is a little disappointing. Not how I wanted it to turn out but sets up for a great sequel. There is a lot of twists and turns and all out cool stuff in this book. I love Vi as the main character. She is very witty and always has a great come back. Jag....love him. He is also a great character. He adds to the excitement. There "abilities" are also very cool. I would recommend this book to ANYONE who wants to read a great dystopia book!

Publisher- Simon & Shuster
Reviewer Rating: 5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Sarah

~Thank you to Simon & Schuster for for the donation of this book to Read for your future!~



2 comments:

  1. This sounds neat. Ending in dystopians are often disappointing, I find. But it wouldn't stop me from reading it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one a while ago and have yet to read it. I'm not sure if I really like dystopians that much, but that just may be because I've had a bad experience with one before. I'll be sure to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)