September 17, 2011

Review: Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie

Summary-
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
Look for CROSSED, the sequel to MATCHED, in Fall 2011

Review-
Matched is a dystopian love story cross between The Hunger Games and The Uglies. This book is so hard to put down. I was so attached to Cassia, Ky, and Xander's story. Even in a society where everything seems to be perfect, there is no doubt that something will go wrong. The society's game with Cassia always kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more. This book seemed to have taken priority over my life for the week it took me to read it. By far one of the best books I have ever read! I felt like I lost a friend when I finished this book and had to put Cassia away forever.


Publisher-Dutton Juvenile

My Score: 5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Elizabeth Wren (Student at Franklin High School~

~Thank you to the Time Bandit for the donation of this book~

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I loved Matched too. This is the book that really sparked my interest in Dystopian novels. I can't wait to read the sequel!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she loves Matched as much as I do! I hope she knows that there is a sequel on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this last year and thought it was interesting. I'd like to pick up the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)